Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Night Owl

In looking through my few blog posts I noticed that I never took time to write one featuring Junior...so here it is.  Junior, is my night time buddy, the night owl of the crew.  While Alex and Noe go to bed at a regular (or even early) hour Junior got in a stage a few months after coming to live with us in which he refused to go to bed and we have just never been able to get him out of it.  So, after a while we just gave in and he stays downstairs with us when the other two go to bed.  Typically, the night is that he and I sit in the living room and watch television until he falls asleep.  Most nights the sleep is enhanced by a little melatonin.  Until sleep kicks in Junior has become quite the tv addict and will freely cite "Survivor", "Big Bang Theory", and "Wipeout" as his favorite shows.

Reading
Exercising
     















But although the sleep is still sometimes disturbed in the middle of the night as well, I must admit I cherish our night time ritual.  We have unspoken routines and part of this is snuggle time, tickle time,      and sweet 1-1 moments that are a rare find for a mother of three.  And, then suddenly..he sleeps and   I just watch him and think how blessed I am.


Finally asleep!

During the day he is the epitome of contradictions.  For the most part, Junior is tough and active.  Always running about, exploring and is known by my family as Diego.  He will take on any challenge and has shown absolutely no fear this summer as he has conquered the pool and diving board.  But he is also quick to cry if hurt (like uncontrollably!) and wants to be consoled.  And as active as he is Junior is also content to watch television or sit and read a book.  



But I think Junior may be best known for his irresistible smile (accentuated by his missing teeth).  We worry that he may use that smile in the future, as he does often now, to smile his way out of trouble and into trouble with the ladies.  




No comments:

Post a Comment